Visitors may need a special use permit for certain types of activities which might impact other park visitors or the commemorative significance of the site. According to 36 CFR § 1.6 Permits (a) “the Superintendent may issue a permit to authorize an otherwise prohibited or restricted activity or impose a public use limit.”Internally, we call them Special Use Permits (SUP), and they are required for, but not limited to: special events, public assemblies, commercial uses, and research specimen collection. Recently, we had three SUP requests – A poker run fundraiser for the Sayre Park, a Washita Memorial Motorcycle Run put…

You must be logged in to view this content. Click here to subscribe

Weekly Winner

Elliott Bailey was the Minnie R. Slief Library first weekly winner for logging her reading time on the Beanstack App. She is the daughter of

Read More »